Welcome to the George and Dragon Elsworth – Pub and Restaurant
We are delighted to be back open and look forward to once again welcoming you through the doors. Whether it’s for a catch up drink, a delicious meal or to pick up a takeaway you can be assured of the warm, friendly and safe welcome at The George & Dragon.
To ensure the safety of our staff and guests we have set out the guidelines below to reassure all our guests that we are COVID safe and are providing a safe environment for all:-
- Please book a table in advance for drinking; eating or sitting outside, this is so we can control the number of guests we have in the pub at any one time
- We operate a one way system for entering and exiting the building, this is clearly signed for your convenience.
- Hand sanitising stations are available at the entrance and exit, and by the bar area for your use.
- We have an increased cleaning schedule around all areas of the pub.
- Face masks must be worn when entering and whilst moving around the restaurant, and may only be taken off when at your table.
- Please scan the NHS track & trace QR code found in the entrance. If you are unable to do so please let a member of staff know so they can record your details instead.
- We have revised our table layout throughout the building, creating a more spacious and safe dining area for our guests.
- We are operating with a smaller team and offering a new exciting A la Carte menu Wednesday to Saturday, lunchtime set menu Wednesday to Friday, and a Roast Dinner menu on Sundays.
- We continue to operate under the guidance set out by the government and will constantly be updating our COVID safe policy.
- Following the latest guidelines we will now be closing at 10pm. Last orders for drinks at the bar must be placed by 9:30pm.
In addition to our new menu we are offering our famous Fruits De Mer for diners, we ask that you please pre-order this when you book your table, they will also be available for take away (please note we will require at least 48 hours’ notice).
Our Christmas Menu’s are now available and we are now taking bookings for December, please see the Christmas 2020 Page for our selection of menus and information on booking.
New opening hours:
Wednesday to Saturday –
- 12.00 – 3.00pm (food served until 2.00pm)
- 5.30pm -10pm (food served until 8.30pm)
Sunday – 12.00pm – 5.00pm (food served until 4.00pm)